Members of the Guild are busy crafting, preparing baked goods, candies, jellies, organizing the book sale, and lining up a variety of outside craft vendors and musicians. The rock and roll band, Loose Change, will be returning to our outdoor stage, followed by other local musicians, and inside Jake, our dulcimer musician, will be playing and selling his CD’s. At Kelley’s Deli, you can purchase a hot dog or smoked brisket sandwich with baked beans, coleslaw and a soft drink beginning at 10:30 am.
For the kids, there’s a medallion hunt. They visit 5 Guild booths, ask for a medallion, and when they take 5 medallions to the teacher at our 131-year-old Bunce School House, they can choose a free children’s book. At the school there will be tacos in a bag, a soft drink and cookies for $5 so families can eat together in the picnic area.
The White Elephant sale will have bargains for everyone, including tools and gadgets for the men, household items, and collectibles. In the main room there will be tables laden with boutique items including handmade quilts, embroidered tea towels, jewelry, and yard art, as well as the famous Hilltop Guild Peanut Brittle at the candy counter.
Come to the party! There’s something for everyone.
- The Bazaar will be from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday August 3, 2019 at Kelley House and raffle tickets will be sold until 1:00 pm.
- The Raffle drawing will be at 1:30 pm.
- Raffle Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $ 5.00 and will be on sale at the Bazaar and you can place your ticket in the “bucket” for the item of your choice.
- You need not be present at the time of the drawing to be a winner.
- The Raffle and Bazaar benefit local scholarships, the Allenspark Fire Department, Native Americans, and other philanthropic causes.
- The Bazaar also has special events for children and families featuring a 130-year-old schoolhouse, music inside and out, many handmade fiber art items for sale, as well as homemade jelly, candy, baked goods, jewelry, and a scrumptious lunch.
7 Stunning Raffle Prizes by local artists pictured below
“Butterfly” by Stained Glass Artist Joyanne Matthes Retail value $200
“Hopi Chief” Gourd by Artist Vicki Dyas (donated by Linnéa Carter) Retail Value $100
Copper & Jasper Pendant by Artist Vicki Dyas Retail Value $100
“Block” Pattern Hand Woven Rug by Artist Diane Turechek Retail Value $100
“Winter Elk” Hand Made by Quilting Artist Diana Boulter Retail Value $190
“Long Lake” Pastel by Artist Kitty Burton Retail Value $150
“Top of The Big Thompson Canyon – l904” Hand Colored Black & White
Photo Print by Artist & Photographer Cheryl Pennington Retail Value $125